Friday, 14 August 2015

Currently Reading #2

Friday means time for another 'Currently Reading'.

Recently Read

Since last week's post I've completed two books, Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard and Wonder by R.J. Palacio. Both of these books I'd highly recommend, with reviews to come soon.

Currently Reading
 
When the Quidditch World Cup is disrupted by Voldemort’s rampaging supporters and the terrifying Dark Mark appears against the night sky, it is obvious to Harry Potter that, far from weakening, Voldemort is getting stronger. Back at Hogwarts for the fourth year Harry is astonished to be chosen to represent the school in the Triwizard Tournament. The competition is dangerous, the tasks terrifying, and true courage is no guarantee of survival – especially with the Dark Lord’s forces on the rise…
 
I've been rereading Harry Potter for a couple of months now, taking the slowly but surely approach and reading intermittently between other reads. The reason I'm now dedicating time rereading is because we're going on a longish car journey and I was looking for an easy read that I wouldn't have to immerse myself in fully to get the full impact of the story as I do also need to keep my almost two year old entertained on this journey. Being familiar with Harry Potter means it'll be easier than going in to a book I need to absorb the full plot of. I hope that makes sense...

Up Next
 
I'm not too sure what I'll be reading next - I've quite the TBR at the moment with roughly 20 books on my unread shelf. I was thinking of maybe delving in to a collection of short stories perhaps. I have Angela Carter's Book of Fairy Tales as well as The Complete Collected Short Stories by Roald Dahl; I'm part way through both of these (Volume One in Roald Dahl's short stories) and it would be good to finish them up.

What are you currently reading?
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed Wonder! Have fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to reread Harry Potter but I don't think I'll ever get chance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, that's such a shame. I love rereading in general, but with HP I'm picking up more tidbits that you miss first time round.

      Delete
  3. I'm actually thinking about rereading Harry Potter quite soon too! I have a HP Quiz Night coming up and need to prepare for it haha

    ReplyDelete

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig