Friday, 28 August 2015

Currently Reading #4

Recently Read
 
This past week I finished reading The Faster I Walk, The Smaller I Am by Kjersti A. Skomsvold. You may or may not be able to tell from the author's name, but The Fast I Walk, The Smaller I Am is translated fiction, originally being published in Norwegian. I recently saw this book recommended on Jen Campbell's booktube channel and I loved the idea behind the book as well it being translated fiction - something I'm trying to read more of. I will have a full review up in the coming weeks, but what I will say for now is that it is an interesting read, but not in the traditional sense.
 
Currently Reading
 
I'm real close to finishing up The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman, which I actually started reading before The Faster I Walk, The Smaller I Am, but I kind of needed a break whilst reading. Despite it being a relatively short book, The Ocean at the End of the Lane is the kind of book that is hard to wrap your head around, and so I needed a little breather. I will have The Ocean at the End of Lane finished by the end of today for sure.
 
Up Next
 
Much the same as last week The Maze Runner trilogy is my intended next read - I do hope to plough through the entire series at the one time, I find that to be the easiest way in which to read a series because if I read other books in between I can forget centre aspects from the overall plot.
 
What are you currently reading?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Great Post :) I plan to read some Neil Gaiman sometime in the near future and I would like to read The Maze Runner so I can watch the movie. I'm a big Dylan O Brien fan and I would love to see how he protrays Thomas's character in the film when I finish the book :) Keep up the good work and your blog will become huge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, thank you, Tanya!

    I actually ended up DNF'ing the Neil Gaiman book - the second of his I've done that with. I think his writing is good, I don't know, there's just something about his books that I can't get in to.

    I keep seeing the trailers for The Scorch Trials and that kind of pushed me to read the books. Haha!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig