Monday, 12 October 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

As Monday rolls around, I've barely just managed to finish reading my book choice for the past week - The Word Exchange by Alena Graedon. I had quite high hopes for this particular book and I came away feeling a bit 'meh' about it to be honest. There were things I liked, things I didn't, and elements that hindered the enjoyment of my reading experience. Writing a review of The Word Exchange isn't going to be easy, but I'm hoping to have one up on Friday.
 
Whilst reading The Word Exchange, I did briefly pick up another book as I needed a little bit of a break. Because I knew I didn't want to commit to a whole other book, I picked up The Rental Heart and Other Fairytales from my shelves and read three of the short stories within. I think I'll be dipping in and out of this for the duration of the month.
 
This week I'm starting afresh in the way of book material, delving in to Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult. There was once a time where I'd instantly rush out to read Jodi Picoult's latest offerings but as I've found my reading zone a little more and discovered many a new author, I'll just pick up her works as and when I see them at the library. That's not to say I don't enjoy her writing anymore, as I do, but I have found I prefer earlier works to her newer stuff and so I no longer auto buy the books when they're released.
***
 
Jenna Metcalf was with her mother the night she disappeared in tragic and mysterious circumstances, but she remembers nothing.

Over ten years have passed, and still Jenna reads and rereads her mother's journals, hoping to find some clue hidden there, in the meticulous recording of her scientific research with elephants.

Desperate for answers, Jenna uses all her savings to recruit the aid of a private detective - and a psychic.

Jenna knows her mother loved her. She knows she would not leave her. And she will not rest until she finds out what happened that night. In her most gripping mystery since House Rules, Jodi Picoult brings us a powerful story of a young girl's determination to uncover the truth, however shocking and life-changing it might be.
 
 
 
 
What are you reading this week?
 
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I hope you enjoy! I haven't read a Picoult book in a long time. I also used to enjoy her earlier books, but got out of reading her stuff lately. Maybe I'll get the urge again some day. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brandie!

      If you do pick up a Jodi Picoult book in the future, The Storyteller was a favourite of her newer books!

      Delete
  2. I agree about The Word Exchange. I liked it, but I didn't love it the way I was hoping to.

    Have a great week and I hope you enjoy Leaving Time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite unexpected for me... I don't know what I expected from The Word Exchange, but it isn't what was delivered. It was an interesting read though.

      I hope you have a lovely week - happy reading!

      Delete
  3. A lot of my friends love Jodi Picoult and talk about her books all the time and I get left out cause I have not read them, i hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, her books are worth checking out! Thank you!

      Delete
  4. I used to love Jodi Picoult. I'm reading Ally Hughes Has Sex Sometimes by Jules Moulin and I'm quite enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still enjoy her work, just not like I used to.

      I haven't heard of that book - happy reading!

      Delete

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig