Friday, 9 October 2015

My TBR

A couple of weeks ago I shared a post hauling some library books and outlining my book buying ban. In that post I briefly touched upon my to be read pile and how I hope to make a dent in that whilst on this ban of mine. I thought what better way to keep track of working through my TBR than to write about it here.
 
So this is my original TBR post. Listed below are all the books that currently sit on my unread shelf (accounted for at the time of writing this 30/09/15) and every so often I will check back on the blog as well as refer to my Goodreads page and make an update on how I'm doing with working through my TBR.
 
(Side note - my TBR is literally books that I own to be read, not books that I perhaps hope to read one day)
 
In no particular order, the books... I counted 29 in total.
 
The Complete Collected Short Stories: Volume One by Roald Dahl (I'm actually part way through this as I read it sporadically)
Angela Carter's Book of Fairy Tales (Much like the Roald Dahl short stories, I read this sporadically too)

I guess in many respects I'm lucky to have minimal space when it comes to my book collection because I know if it weren't for issues with space my TBR would probably be a lot larger than it is. It's probably also worth noting that I've only included books on my actual shelves, none from my Kindle. I very seldom read on my Kindle - I couldn't even tell you the last time I picked it up - so it seemed kind of silly to include those books.

How many books do you have on your TBR list?
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Lots of great books on your shelf! I admire you for being determined to read them before getting more. I wish I had your willpower! I loved Beautiful Lies and Sliver of Truth!! Fantastic suspense novels, I hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brandie - I know there's a lot of good 'uns on my shelves and yet I just leave them there collecting dust. I think my book buying ban has come at just the right time because my TBR would probably still be growing otherwise.

      I love crime and suspense novels - I don't know why I haven't read any of Lisa Unger's work before when I've heard a lot of good things about it.

      Delete
  2. I also rarely read on my Kindle...so when I did a bit of culling recently I deleted almost all of the freebies I had accumulated just because they were free deals on Amazon...I was never going to read them! I pretty much only read on my Kindle if it's a short story/novella/etc. that I can't find in print. They didn't free up any physical space, but it felt good to let them go!

    I am so embarrassed by how many unread books I have -- in a way, I wish I only had 29 -- it just feels so do-able. I'm rooting for you -- you can read your whole TBR, I know you can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see how letting e-books go help when it comes to culling, even though they aren't actually there. I'm sure it was freeing almost. I haven't actually deleted any of the books on my Kindle. I know I probably won't get round to them any time soon, but I think my Kindle books will come in handy when it comes to travelling.

      You shouldn't be embarrassed by your count - trust me, if it wasn't for space, I'm sure I'd have a lot more than 29 tbr books. Ah, thank you Christine, just as you are going to well with decreasing your tbr!

      Delete
  3. You should read The Haunting of Hill House soon. I really enjoyed it. Disclaimer was average and unworthy of all the hype in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually read The Haunting of Hill House since doing my little 'inventory' so I've technically got one book checked off all ready. Sharing my thoughts of that particular book tomorrow :-)

      I vaguely remember some talk of the Disclaimer when it was first released, but I'm hoping because I'll be reading it a while after quite some time I'll be going in clear minded.

      Delete

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig