Monday, 16 November 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

Most weeks pass by in the blink of an eye and I barely manage to finish reading my planned book for the week.... This week was an exception. Not only did I manage to finish the book I started the week with - Before The Storm - but I also got in a novella too - The Snow Sister - and have started my illustrated edition of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. It's great that I managed to read more than normal, but what's even greater is the fact that all the books proved to be wonderful reads!
 
I'm finding myself to be in between a lot of books at the moment. I don't know if it's the time of year, or just me becoming more of a mood reader, but I'm at varying points in a couple of books at the moment and pick and choose which to get lost in depending on how I'm feeling on a given day. I used to hate reading like that, not knowing how others were able to do such a thing, and sticking very much to the one book reading from start to finish before moving on to a new one. Oh how things change over time.
 
Despite being in between various books, I do still have a main book that I try to complete by the end of the week. This week that book is by a new to me author but one who has been on my list to explore for quite some time now - Katherine Webb. I have three of her books on my unread shelf currently and have started with The Legacy, which I believe to be the first of her published works but correct me if I'm wrong on that. I'm currently about 50 or so pages in to the book and it definitely feels like the kind of book you can swept up in.
 
When they were children, Erica Calcott and her sister, Beth, spent their summer holidays at Storton Manor. Now, following the death of their grandmother, they have returned to the grand, imposing house in Wiltshire, England. Unable to stem the tide of childhood memories that arise as she sorts through her grandmother’s belongings, Erica thinks back to the summer her cousin Henry vanished mysteriously from the estate, an event that tore their family to pieces. It is time, she believes, to lay the past to rest, bring her sister some peace, and finally solve the mystery of her cousin’s disappearance.


But sifting through remnants of a bygone time is bringing a secret family history to light—one that stretches back over a century, to a beautiful society heiress in Oklahoma, a haunting, savage land across the ocean. And as past and present converge, Erica and Beth must come to terms with two shocking acts of betrayal . . . and the heartbreaking legacy they left behind.
 
 
 
What are you reading this week?

SHARE:

23 comments

  1. The Legacy sounds really interesting. You always seem to be reading authors who are new to me. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's proving to be so far, quite mysterious too.

      A lot of the books I'm reading at the moment are new to me authors too! I buy books by authors whose work I want to explore, or who just have premises that sounds up my street, but they end up sitting longer on my shelves because I end up going back to tried and true favourites. I'm enjoying all these new to me authors working through my TBR though!

      Delete
  2. The Legacy looks tempting! I love books about relatives going through their loved ones' belongings and discovering secrets. The setting sounds wonderful, too. I hope you enjoy it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm currently a little over half way and already I would recommend The Legacy - the plot, the surroundings, the characters, the mystery, all well worth reading!

      Delete
  3. I totally understand the mood reading. I used to be the same way - devoted to only one book. But lately, I find myself reading multiple books based on my mood that day. It's frustrating sometimes!

    So great that you had a good week of reading! I love weeks like that. I hope you continue to enjoy your current book. It sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is frustrating at times! I'm surprised I'm even getting through one book a week at the moment because I'm in and out of various books!

      Thank you!

      Delete
  4. That is good when all your reads are good. I've been a bit between books as well, just sorta trying to decide what to read next. I have no shortage but sometimes you just don't know which one to tackle next. :)

    The Legacy looks nice, a good cover and family secrets- sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - weeks like that don't always come often!

      Often times picking your next read can be just as long as the task of reading it. Haha!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a really good week and if your picking up what suits you at the time then why not! I tend to stick to one reading and one audio at a time. Older brain doesn't cope with much more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow as opposed to sticking to the one book that you aren't feeling at a given time. Haha! It sounds like your brain is coping just fine with two books on the go!!

      Delete
  6. I've only read one book by Katherine Webb - The Misbegotten - which I enjoyed. The Legacy is in my reading pile. I just haven't got around to it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm only have way through The Legacy but I see myself collecting anything and everything that Katherine Webb puts out.

      Delete
  7. Feels great when you have a week like that! I'm hoping one of my reads this week actually holds my attention lol. Katherine Webb is new to me too, will be interested to see what you think of The Legacy, it sounds good. Have a great week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katherine Webb's work appears to be promising so far! I hope a book is holding your attention this week!

      Delete
  8. I didn't know about this novel, thanks for sharing your enthused response to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always great discovering new books!

      Delete
  9. I have this book on my shelf, must get to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you enjoy it, just as I am, when it comes off your shelf!

      Delete
  10. I am a total mood reader! I will start book sometimes and just put them right back down again if I'm not in the right mood. I usually go back for them later though, when the time is right. :) I am also a seasonal reader, I'm not sure why! Lol. Enjoy your week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's the best way to go, reading is a whole lot more enjoyable that way! I'm very much a seasonal reader too... I'm already in to the thick of my Christmas reading! Haha!

      I hope you're having a lovely week!

      Delete
  11. I am a total mood reader! I will start book sometimes and just put them right back down again if I'm not in the right mood. I usually go back for them later though, when the time is right. :) I am also a seasonal reader, I'm not sure why! Lol. Enjoy your week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks good....beautiful cover.

    I hope your reading week is good.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig