Monday, 11 January 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

I'm back to linking up with one of my favourite memes here in the book blogging community, sharing what I'm currently reading with 'It's Monday! What Are You Reading?'.
 
I hope you've all had some great reading experiences so far this year, especially for those who participated in The First Book of the Year linky! My pick of The Marble Collector by Cecelia Ahern was an absolute hit and it's now up there with some of my other favourite novels of hers. I've also read a couple of other books since my first title, and so far 2016 is proving to be a great reading year - not only have I read some amazing books, but I'm maintaining a consistent reading pace too.
 
In bookish blog news, I've added some extra features to my blog in the past couple of weeks which are helping me to keep track of reads as well as organise my review posts in a more accessible manner. Firstly I correlated a 'Review Index', where you can find an up to date list of all books reviewed on Reading With Jade, categorised by author's name. Alongside that I've also made a page sharing all the books on my TBR list. Previously I posted updates in the form of blog posts for my TBR progress, but I thought updating it by way of a subpage on the blog makes a lot more sense as it doesn't take away from other content, and of course TBR's aren't everybody's cup of tea so it's there for those who wish to keep up with it. Lastly, I added a 'Read In 2016' page, which is pretty self explanatory - as and when I finish a book I update that page; kind of like an extension of Goodreads really.
 
With our catch up out the way, we can move on to the books!
 
On Sunday night I finished reading The Wolf Wilder by Katherine Rundell, which means I'm starting the week afresh with a new to me author and book I've heard next to nothing about - Life or Death by Michael Robotham.
 
 
Why would a man escape from prison the day before he's due to be released?

Audie Palmer has spent a decade in prison for an armed robbery in which four people died, including two of his gang. Five million dollars has never been recovered and everybody believes that Audie knows where the money is.

For ten years he has been beaten, stabbed, throttled and threatened almost daily by fellow inmates and prison guards, who all want to answer this same question, but suddenly Audie vanishes, the day before he's due to be released.

Everybody wants to find Audie, but he's not running. Instead he's trying to save a life . . . and not just his own.
 
What are you reading this week?
 

SHARE:

33 comments

  1. This book sounds really good! I love a good suspense! I've heard that author is great, too. Hope you enjoy!!
    I love starting the week with a new book. I'm doing the same. :)
    Happy reading, Jade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These kinds of books are some of my favourite - I haven't read any reviews, but when adding on Goodreads I saw it had a pretty good rating so I think I'm in for a treat :-)

      I hope you enjoy your book!

      Delete
  2. That sounds fantastic. I heard of this author for the first time last year I believe and I have one on my TBR list. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a new to me author, but one I think I'll be reading more of in the future.

      Delete
  3. I do love the sound of this book....thanks for sharing. And thanks for updating us on your blog changes. I do love having pages that show what I've purchased, what books I have for review, and what I've read.

    Thanks for visiting my blog, and enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels good to have things organised on the blog... But I also think it's good for readers of a blog too.

      Thank you - and to you!

      Delete
  4. Definitely interested in your book, now on my TBR!! I am starting a new weekly meme you might like: http://thebestbasicblogger.blogspot.com/2016/01/wishlist-winning-wednesday-new-meme.html?spref=bl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds very interesting. You can see mine here: http://theresaraymer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's proving to be so far - the kind of book that raises a lot of questions.

      Delete
  6. I really need to update my review index, it's a mess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - I've been wanting to add a review index for a while because I love seeing them on other blogs but I kept putting it off. I knew I had to do it whilst still in my 'early stages' otherwise it would be so hard to organise. I'm doing good at keeping on top of it.. So far...

      Delete
  7. Great work on getting your blog organized! Life or Death is very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It feels good to have a place for various things.

      Delete
  8. I'm glad your reading 2016 is off to a great start! I hope the streak continues. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lindsey. Life or Death is keeping the streak running so far!

      Delete
  9. Great that the Cecilia Ahern book was a great first read. Mine was too, although I've heard a few readers marked theirs as DNF, but you never know when you open a book. Sounds like you have been blog busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Books are always surprising us - and that's one of the many joys they hold.

      Delete
  10. Congratulations on the great start to your reading year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That does sound like an interesting story! Glad your reading year is off to a good start. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is interesting.. I'm a few chapters in and really enjoying it so far.

      I hope you have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  12. Glad you had a great read for the first book of the year! Might need you to rec me a good one for 2017 ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! First reads are always so hit or miss!

      Delete
  13. Wow the Wolf Wilder looks great! - I just realized an issue with you featuring children's books on your blog - I am going to have way more books to buy for my guy! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved The Wolf Wilder - such a great read. I'm hoping to have my review up on Friday. I know some adults are iffy about reading middle grade books, but when I find a middle grade book I really love I always keep it - I have a shelf of 'books I will pass on to my son'.

      Delete
  14. Ooooooo.....Life or Death sounds so good.

    ENJOY the book and your week. Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elizabeth - I'm really enjoying it so far.

      Delete
  15. Sounds like your blog will be super organised, I need to take a leaf out of your book lol. Michael Robotham is a local Aussie author, love his work but haven't read his latest ... sounds awesome though. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - it's one of those tasks you put off but once you actually get things in order it feels really good!

      This is my first book by him, and I had no idea he was an Australian author until I checked the book out on Goodreads - I just assumed he was American given the book setting. It's always great discovering authors from around the world.

      Have a great week!

      Delete
  16. I love it when a blog's books are indexed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too - it's much easier to access reviews and when visiting a new to me blog I always look for an index, I think it gives a good insight in to the kind of books that person reads.

      Delete
  17. Life and Death sounds like a really fantastic book! Hope you enjoy things! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig