Wednesday, 6 January 2016

My TBR | Updated Edition

In the time since October, when I shared my original TBR list, I've accumulated a few more books in my collection but thought I'd wait until the new year in order to properly update that list here on my blog. The list below contains only the books that I have yet to read sitting on my bookshelves (so not including e-books).
 
You by Caroline Kepnes
More Than This by Patrick Ness (this was on my TBR last time but forgot to add to list)
Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark by Alvin Schwartz
The Wolf Wilder by Katherine Rundell
Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage by Haruki Murakami
Life or Death by Michael Robotham
Inside The O'Briens by Lisa Genova
The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
The Marvels by Brian Selznick
The Other Me by Saskia Sarginson
Unspeakable by Abbie Rushton
The Case of the Imaginary Detective by Karen Joy Fowler
City Atlas by Martin Haake and Georgia Cherry
Animalium: Welcome to the Museum by Jenny Broom & Katie Scott
Roald Dahl's Book of Ghost Stories
The Chronicles of Narnia Box Set by C.S. Lewis
How It All Began by Penelope Lively
Making It Up by Penelope Lively
The Photograph by Penelope Lively
The Glass Cell by Patricia Highsmith
Those Who Walk Away by Patricia Highsmith
A Suspension of Mercy by Patricia Highsmith
Edith's Diary by Patricia Highsmith
The Marble Collector by Cecelia Ahern (first book of the year)
The Snow Queen & Other Winter Tales (Barnes & Noble Leatherbound)
Dickens at Christmas by Charles Dickens
A Redbird Christmas by Fannie Flagg
Christmas at Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons
Winter Holiday by Arthur Ransome
Christmas Holiday by W. Somerset Maugham
If on a Winter's Night a Traveler by Italo Calvino
Miss Smilla's Feeling For Snow by Peter Hoeg
 
So, as you can see, my TBR has grown a far bit since I first started tracking it back in October, but I've found that detailing in this way really helps me to keep on top of it and not spiral out of control - as I'll admit it has done on a fair few occasions previously. Books stack up easily, and whilst it's true I have quite the stack, it's a manageable stack that I'm consistently working through.
 
From the list above you can see I have a good few books by the same author - (i.e. Penelope Lively, Lisa Unger and Patricia Highsmith), the reason for this is that I buy them in collections from The Book People because not only does it work out cheaper in cost, but it's a great way to try out a new to me author. I have actually read Patricia Highsmith's work before, but because I loved her writing so much I bought some new material to try. I also picked up a wintery Christmas collection early in December, I read a few of those but didn't get through the entire collection so that will be something nice to look forward to next winter. There are also a lot of standalone novels on my shelves that I'm really excited to get to including, The Marble Collector, You, The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August, The Marvels, and The Wolf Wilder.
 
I've decided that instead of making a post every so often to update my TBR, I'll be making a separate page on my blog dedicated to it, so those who are interested in my TBR progress can just take a look at that page every now and then which can be found up the top of my blog alongside the other header pages.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Lots of good ones on the list! And a very manageable list that I'm sure you'll get through in no time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for The Marvels too! Though my TBR IS out of control that one is definitely near the top :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to read The Marvels pretty soon - definitely in the first half of the year for sure. I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig