Thursday, 11 February 2016

Bookish (And Not So Bookish) Thoughts | 003


One | Recently I watched the film adaptation of Still Alice and just loved it! I'm someone who is very hesitant when it comes to book to movie adaptations but even more so when I have read and adored the book, so it was tentatively that I stepped in to the film format. No hesitation needed however, the film was wonderfully well down and stayed quite true to the book. I'd highly recommend you experience the story of Still Alice, whether in book or film format, as it is one of the most powerful stories I've read in quite some time.
 
Two | I've been having a lot of issues lately with commenting on the blog posts of others, especially those hosted by Blogger. I don't know if this is just something happening with me, or others have experienced it too, but when I try to comment on some posts the comment box is just not there. Typically there are other comments before me trying to comment, so I don't know if this is just an issue on my side of things. I don't know. Either way, it's annoying, especially when I'm commenting as part of linky/meme.

Three | Sticking with blog posts and linky type posts, you may or may not have noticed there was no 'It's Monday!' post from this week, nor a 'Tuesday Intros' post from me either. This wasn't due to sheer laziness on my part, it was simply because I didn't want to repeat the posts from a couple of weeks ago because that is what I'm reading now. I'm deep in to The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August and I've already shared that book on both linkys.

Four | Whilst still on the topic of blogging and blog content... The content is set to alter a little here on Reading With Jade - not the theme of the content (it'll always be bookish) but the amount of posting. Going into 2016 I was on top of blogging, feeling pumped and motivated for the year, and aiming to put out as much content as possible. Whilst I enjoyed that, and all the new connections I was making, I felt like I didn't have a proper balance to my hobbies - I was literally blogging and reading, when I do in fact have hobbies outside of those. Whilst I will still be participating in certain link ups there will be no fixed regularity to any type of post here on my blog - I'm taking the approach of posting as and when I want to share and feel inspired to share.

Five | Although I am reading Harry August as my main book, I'm loosely rereading a bunch of Susan Hill's ghost stories after purchasing a bind up of all of them to date late last year. If you're a fan of ghost stories check Susan Hill's out, I highly recommend, especially if you're keen on subtle and understated prose in a ghost story.

Six | Random... But I recently got a garlic mincer. Why I haven't got one of these devices sooner I do not know?! And it came in pretty handy dandy when a recipe I made this week called for 12 cloves of garlic, yep 12. You can find the recipe here.

Seven | As well as the new to me dinner recipe above, I also tried a new snack/dessert recipe this week. Although I altered my method of making ever so slightly, I attempted the simple task of making Frozen Greek Yogurt & Fruit Bark - I'd recommend, especially if you're trying to give up a chocolate obsession like me!

Eight | I'm participating in Book Blogger Appreciation Week this coming week and I'm so excited!!
 
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I have a horrible time commenting on Blogger, too! And even though I always check the box to receive emails, I never get them. It's so weird and I have no clue how to fix it.

    Blogging should be fun and not a chore. Post when you want and don't worry if the mood doesn't strike you! I have had to learn that over the past few years or else get burnt out.

    I need to try that yogurt recipe. Chocolate is my weakness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So it isn't just me! It's pretty frustrating.

      Blogging didn't feel like a chore... More than an automatic instinct because it was a part of my routine... But it could have turned into a chore I think. It's better to share when the mood strikes, as opposed to feeling obligated. I think we've all been there at some time or other.

      I hope you enjoy if you give the recipe a go.

      Delete
  2. I think blogging when you can or when you want to is the way to go. I originally planned to blog a lot more over the past few weeks, but everyone in the house has been sick several times and things just did not happen.

    I hope you enjoy your books!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to stick to a schedule... Whereas now I'm going to be a little freer. I hope everyone is feeling better now!

      Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Is that your mug? I like it. Lol. I am such a weirdo, I love dishes. :)

    I will have to check out Susan Hill - I love a good ghost story!

    I think blogging however you want to blog is the best way to go - I like a no pressure/low pressure way of blogging myself. Takes the fun out of it a little, when it becomes too organized or scheduled. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed. I know you mean, except not dishes, just mugs. The collection is ever growing!

      If you like ghost stories I'd definitely check out Susan Hill's work. She also has a crime series too.

      I totally agree. Also, when it blogging becomes part of a routine, or something you 'have to do' it kind of isn't fun anymore. I like you're ladi back approach - best way to go!

      Delete

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig