Monday, 1 February 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

Well, things haven't improved on the reading front around here - I'm so flitty at the moment! My lack of sleep is transferring in to lack of concentration which in turn means I'm all over the show with my reading choices. I have been reading The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August but for me it's the kind of book that requires a slow and steady reading pace, but my mind set of late wants something different. I've been craving the kind of book that I can just pour myself in to and page turn; I just want to devour a story really. I don't know about you, but for me those kinds of books tend to be contemporary reads where you get tangled into somebody else's life for a bit. Turning to my shelves I decided to pick up a Heather Gudenkauf book - These Things Hidden. I'm well over half way through and it has definitely been fitting my reading mood of the moment.


Imprisoned for a heinous crime when she was a just a teenager, Allison Glenn is now free. Desperate for a second chance, Allison discovers that the world has moved on without her… Shunned by those who once loved her, Allison is determined to make contact with her sister. But Brynn is trapped in her own world of regret and torment. Their legacy of secrets is focused on one little boy. And if the truth is revealed, the consequences will be unimaginable for the adoptive mother who loves him, the girl who tried to protect him and the two sisters who hold the key to all that is hidden…

SHARE:

18 comments

  1. I have enjoyed all of Heather G books. This one was good. I just completed her newest one Missing Pieces but it is my least favourite of hers. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think maybe seeing Missing Pieces all over the blogging community at the moment inspired me to pick up a Heather Gudenkauf book - I only discovered her work last year but love the style.

      Delete
  2. I liked These Things Hidden. I want to read more by that author eventually. I'm sorry about your lack of sleep. I understand how frustrating that can be, and how it affects your ability to do everything else. Just hard to be motivated to do much when you're tired. I hope you're able to catch some good sleep soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only discovered Heather Gudenkauf's writing last year but I really enjoy the style of it - I see why you want to read more of her work.

      It is hard indeed... I'm pulling on through. Things seem to be picking up this week. Thanks, Brandie!

      Delete
  3. I love her books! I have her new one on NetGalley that I need to read soon!
    Have a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been seeing Missing Pieces all over the community at the moment. From what I've seen, it has been well received.

      And you!

      Delete
  4. I find whenever I'm having a stressful week I just can't settle my brain down enough to concentrate on a book, in which case really all I can do is watch some brain-draining tv to calm all those brain cells down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - oh, I did the TV thing last week, well, Netflix.

      Delete
  5. That sounds interesting, I've been seeing another Heather Gudenkauf book around but this one is new to me. It does sound very good. Happy February! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe this is a bit of an older release, but I'm keen to read more of her recent work.

      Happy February!

      Delete
  6. I am sure this book will pull you in and hold your attention! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like your book switch has done the trick! Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it has - sometimes you've just got to go where your mood takes you.

      Have a great week!

      Delete
  8. I can count on Gudenkauf's books to pull me in and absorb me completely. Good choice! Enjoy your week, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read just one book by this author before but I remember being absorbed in the story because of the wonderful writing style - having the same experience again.

      Have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  9. I just finished her book, Missing Pieces. Very good. This books sounds terrific.

    I have only read one other book by her...Little Mercies.

    I hope you are having a good reading week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read that one myself, but I can see why Heather Gudenkauf's writing is well loved.

      Have a great reading week!

      Delete

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig