Thursday, 4 February 2016

January Wrap Up


READ
Physical Book
The Marble Collector by Cecelia Ahern
City Atlas: Travel The World With 30 City Maps by Martin Haake
The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis
The Wolf Wilder by Katherine Rundell
Life or Death by Michael Robotham
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis

Audio Book
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling

Dnf
You by Caroline Kepnes

REVIEWED
My Reading
The Marble Collector by Cecelia Ahern - 5 stars
City Atlas by Martin Haake + Georgia Cherry - 5 stars
The Wolf Wilder by Katherine Rundell - 4 stars
Life or Death by Michael Robotham - 4 stars

Toddler's Books
Introducing Children's Books on Reading With Jade
Peep Inside The Zoo
A Couple of Counting Books

PURCHASED
The Girl On The Train by Paula Hawkins
The Murders In The Rue Morgue and Other Tales by Edgar Allen Poe

POSTS FROM BLOGOSPHERE
Between My Lines | The A to Z of Handy Tips for #Bookbloggers - B Is For Balance (I'd recommend keeping an eye on Trish's entire series - I'm loving it so far)
Nose Graze | If You're A Stressed Book Blogger, Why Are You Doing It?
Twirling Pages | In Defense of Negative Reviews
Word Revel | Bookstagram 101: Introduction (Another feature to series to keep your eye out for - some great posts coming)
Paper Fury | Why It Is Perfectly Acceptable To Have An Enormous TBR Pile
Queen of Comtemporary | Should Book Bloggers Be Paid? (Hot topic at the moment)
Booklover Book Reviews | Literary Quotes and The Books They Come From
The Quiet People | Supporting Self-Published Authors
Bookishly Boisterous | Tricks For Toddler Story Time
The Estella Society | Book Blogger Appreciation Week Sign Up (taking place on Feb 15-19)
Tea, Books & Fun | 5 Tips To Survive When You Live With A Bookworm
Reviewed The Book | Seventeen Reasons Why I Love Being A Book Blogger
Smiling Shelves | Shiver Language in All The Light We Cannot See (Julie shares these posts every now and then with some stunning quotes shared)

Happy February!
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. Replies
    1. I read a lot of good material in January - although I dipped towards the end there, I'm really happy with how January shaped up.

      Have a great February, Brandie!

      Delete
  2. It looks like you had a good reading month. I would love to reread The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. I haven’t reread it since I was a kid.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. January proved to be a great start to my reading year.

      You should give it a reread - this is actually my first time discovering Narnia.

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad you had a great January. It's wonderful to not just read a lot of books, but love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you, Lindsey!

      Yes - quantity over quality! I read some great books in January.

      Delete
  4. So many great links! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - I'm surprised there were so few links, there is so much great content coming out in the community. I really liked your most recent post; you'll be seeing that in the next wrap up :-)

      Delete
    2. Thanks Jade! I was hoping that one would prove useful :)

      Delete
  5. Looks like you had a great reading month! I see that you read The Magician's Nephew and The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. I loved The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe as a child but only recently discovered The Magician's Nephew and I absolutely loved it. It was so fun to see how things like the lamp post and the wardrobe itself came to be. Thanks for the mention for my Agatha Post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pretty good reading month - a great kick start to the year.

      I never read any of the Narnia series as a child, I'm discovering them now for the first time. Prior to this I had seen The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe in film format and so was vaguely familiar with the story, but like you said, it was fun seeing how certain things came about in The Magician's Nephew.

      It's a great post!!

      Delete
  6. I love your list of different posts from the blogsphere! I always mean to visit more people but, you know, time, sometimes. Lol. It is definitely a resolution I have been working on this year.

    I have only ever read the Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe from the Narnia series. I tried to read The Magician's Nephew but didn't finish it. I think I shall try this series again; I did enjoy The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There has been a lot of great material in the blogosphere so far this year. I know it can be hard keeping up with all the posts - honestly I leave my bloglovin' feed for a day or two and I'm swamped in over a hundred posts! I decided to link up some of favourite posts from the month here for two reasons a. sharing is caring :-P and b. it's always great to discover new to you bloggers and inspiring content. I hope you found some links to enjoy, Erin.

      I'm three books in to the Narnia series and I just love it!

      Delete
  7. Looks like an excellent reading month! I'm off to check out some of the posts you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty good! I hope you found some interesting content from the posts I shared above.

      Delete

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig