Monday, 21 March 2016

Re-Readathon Update Post

The next ten days here on Reading with Jade are going to be taken over with Re-Readathon posts - I know they won't be everyone's cup of tea, and that's why I'm just making it known now.
 
This post will be my master post of sorts; I'm hoping to update daily here as a way of recording my progress throughout the ten day event. There are a number of challenges that are also attached to the event which you can find here. I'm aiming to take part in the events, with a separate post for the Nostalgia challenge and taking the Instagram challenge to my Twitter (I will also add my picture for each day here when I update). I'm also hoping to share individual posts, as and when I finish a book from my TBR, with a few of my thoughts on the re-read.
 
MY TBR
 
UPDATES
Monday 21st
As of 8.00pm, I've read 150 pages of Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult. I'm hoping to get a little more reading done this evening, having managed just a couple of hours so far today, but I'll update tomorrow regarding the number of pages I end the day on - it's not likely to be that much more than 150 though.

I ended Monday having read 212 pages.

INSTAGRAM/TWITTER CHALLENGE | #rereadathonTBR
See above.

Tuesday 22nd
By 7.00pm I had finished my first book of the re-readathon! I've read 451 pages in total so far, with 239 of those being today. I can't even recall the last time I've read a book in two days straight, much less a book I enjoyed greatly. I'll be sharing a review of sorts on Plain Truth in the next couple of days. I'm hoping to make a start on my next read before the night ends - I'll update on that tomorrow.

I ended up starting the second book in the collection of ghost stories by Susan Hill, however I only read 20ish pages.

INSTAGRAM/TWITTER CHALLENGE | #favouritereread


 





 
 
Wednesday 23rd
Y'know, I haven't really been feeling reading today - especially not on as grand a scale as the previous two days. If it weren't for the readathon, I would have just left reading anything today at all, but I wanted to do 'something' and so I've jumped back in to my audiobook of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. This book wasn't on my TBR for the event, but it is a re-read I've been working on so am counting towards the event. Prior to my listening today I was at 27% in the audio version. As of 4.30pm, I'm at 43%. I do intend to listen to a bit more today, perhaps whilst puzzling later on tonight, and as with all other days, I will update on that tomorrow.

I didn't actually listen to any of my audiobook whilst puzzling last night - I watched Bates Motel instead.
 
INSTAGRAM/TWITTER CHALLENGE | #snacks
 









Thursday 24th
Now that I'm getting further in to the readathon, I'm thinking separate update posts would've been a good idea because this is getting lengthy. Ah well!!
 
I've diverted from my TBR! I really wanted to stick with what I had picked, and being quite the mood reader I tried to pick variety, but today I tried starting I Capture The Castle, and Room, but I just wasn't in to either of them. I've continued with Susan Hill's ghost stories, but I'm using them as a stop gap between reads, so having finished Dolly within the collection I was looking to start another book. I've returned to Jodi Picoult - I enjoyed my reread of Plain Truth that much! I'm working on Nineteen Minutes, my absolute favourite of her novels, so it'll be interesting to see my thoughts afterwards.

INSTAGRAM/TWITTER CHALLENGE | #childhoodreread
 









Easter Weekend (Friday - Mon)
I knew I wouldn't be writing daily updates here over the long easter weekend, but I did however expect to do a little more reading than I actually did. I'm not too fussed that I didn't read as much as anticipated because I spent a good deal of time with family, which is indeed more important than reading.
 
On Friday and Saturday I did very little reading at all. On Sunday I finished the next short story within Susan Hill's collection of ghost stories and today, Monday, I have finished the fourth story within the collection. In total that works out to be a little more than 110 pages.
 
My aims now, with just a couple of rereading days left, is to complete the collection of ghost stories - there is just one story left which totals at 85 pages, and very much doable. Although my TBR altered a little, and I hoped to read a little more of Jodi Picoult's older work, I'd be happy ending my re-readathon experience with just two books from my TBR complete.

Wednesday 30th
I'm ending the Re-readathon as I expected, having finished two books from my original TBR - Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult and the collection of ghost stories by Susan Hill.

INSTAGRAM/TWITTER CHALLENGE | #reread











The Re-Readathon is hosted by Bex over at An Armchair By The Sea
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Enjoy your week of re-reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing amazingly well! And never fear, I think we all burn out a bit at some point mid-readathon... I thought being home alone I'd have read LOADS by now, but I've spent so much time cleaning and feeding the cats and sorting the recycling and washing up and doing all those little things that are normally shared between three of us, I've mostly just ended up reading a tiny bit then watching sitcoms instead, haha. Oh well, there's still plenty of time left, right? I'll be back later in the week to cheer you on - happy reading until then! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! and a great tracking post - thx for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig