Wednesday, 11 May 2016

BOUT OF BOOKS | Update #1

Bout of BooksI've been updating my Twitter daily in the way of Bout of Books progress, but I also wanted to do some updates here on my blog. With the third day of Bout of Books coming to a close, I thought now would be a good a time as any. I'm thinking of also updating on Friday, and then concluding on Sunday, that way my updates don't mess with my regular blogging schedule. Anyway, on to the updates!
 
MONDAY
Reading | The Unseen by Katherine Webb (began prior to readathon - 50ish page mark)
Pages Read | 98
Listening | Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K Rowling (began prior to readathon - was over the 50% mark)
Time | 20 minutes
 
Notes | I didn't go in to Bout of Books with too many expectations, knowing it wouldn't be easy to fit much reading in with a toddler on the go, but I'm happy with how the first day progressed. I was intending to purely just read physical books, but I'm hoping to finish up two audiobooks I started a while back this month so it made sense to include them too.
-----
TUESDAY
Reading | The Unseen by Katherine Webb (still)
Pages Read | 72
Listening | Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K Rowling (still)
Time | 2 hours 10 minutes
 
Notes | I made greater progress with my audiobook today than physical book, which doesn't happen often because physical books always win the fight with other formats for me. I spent a greater time listening today than the previous because I had a headache and reading tends to irritate those greatly. I also listened to my audiobook whilst pottering around doing some housework. I'm hoping to potentially finish The Unseen tomorrow, we'll see how that goes.
-----
WEDNESDAY
Reading | The Unseen by Katherine Webb (finished!!)
Pages Read | 159
Listening | Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K Rowling (finished!!)
Time | 1 hour 30 minutes
 
Notes | I'm very happy with how the day has progressed - lots of reading :-) Now I just need to decide what to move on to next. I didn't anticipate reading this much, as Bout of Books was going to be quite a low key thing for me, but than I started the readathon and really got in the zone. I should really have created a tentative TBR at least - rookie mistake!

It's a little after 8.30pm here in the UK, so still some of the day left, but I won't be reading any longer today as I want to spend some time focusing on the update posts of other participants.
-----
Are you taking part in Bout of Books? How is your reading progressing?
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Great job, you're doing great!! It's amazing how much more I end up reading for Bout of Books - it gives me the motivation I don't have during a regular old week. Good luck picking your next book...I had some on my radar and just decided to start one I wasn't even planning to read! Gotta go with wherever my mood takes me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brandie!

      I agree with you on the motivation front - in an ordinary week I probably would have just about finished The Unseen, much less move on to another book!

      Yay for finishing your first book!! I hope you enjoy your next read :-)

      Delete
  2. It's easy to get sucked into the readathon, isn't it? I'm reading & listening to way more than I expected as well. I'm glad you're enjoying Bout of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a little late replying, but you're so right, you really do get sucked in to the readathon! I'm glad you had a fun readathon!

      Delete

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig