Saturday, 7 May 2016

POSTS FROM THE COMMUNITY | Six On A Saturday


The title says it all really... 'Posts From The Community' is simply where I share a number of posts that I've enjoyed from around the bookish community of late.
 
Outlandish Lit | How To Lead A More Whimsical Reading Life; or The Ballad of Tuesday John
I love this little bookshop anecdote shared by Julianne from Outlandish Lit. The story of Tuesday John, a man who reads a new recommended book each week, really gets you thinking about your own reading habits and choices. I don't think I'm quite brave enough to do as he does, but I have been inspired to read more spontaneously.
-----
Buckling Bookshelves | Reading Winnie-the-Pooh As An Adult
Like Christine, I didn't read Winnie-the-Pooh as child, and enjoyed hearing of her reading experience as an adult of the childhood classic. I've wanted to pick up the original stories for a while now, and it'll be fun to share them with my toddler son.
-----
Sometimes I'm A Story | I Am Not Big On Digital Copies
Heather has shared a really interesting viewpoint of digital copies - be it books, movies, whatever - and I totally agree with her way of thinking. I know minimalism is such a big thing right now, especially with how digital we have become, but personally I'm very much a physical belonging person - books, DVDs, photos, collections, etc.
-----
Between My Lines | Guest Post: My Top 10 Crime/Thriller Movies
I love the genre of crime/thrillers, in any format, so this guest post by author Catherine Ryan Howard on Trish's blog was an insightful look into the films loved by a fellow crime thriller lover.
-----
Nose Graze | 11 Books I'm Hoping To Find At BookExpo America 2016 (plus a floor plan!)
BEA is big business in the book blogging community, and whilst many of us can only sit here and have a glimpse at the beautiful books and connections made, others actually get to be there - lucky buggars! One such lucky person being Ashley of Nose Graze, who has shared the books she has her eye on as well as the handy dandy floor plan for the expo.
-----
You've gotta love fun quizzes like this - my character is the Cheshire Cat. What's yours?
-----
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Thanks for sharing my post Jade! I will have to check out some of these other links too :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig