Monday, 22 August 2016

BOUT OF BOOKS 17 | Day 1

Running from Monday 22nd to Sunday 28th, Bout of Books is a week long readathon full of bookish challenges, chat and most importantly, reading. Read, read, read! This is my second time participating in Bout of Books, and this year I decided to update on my progress with mini wrap up posts at the end of each day.

MONDAY 22ND AUGUST
I kicked off my reading bright and early in the morning with a cup of tea and fresh unread book. Throughout the day I managed to squeeze in snippets of reading here and there, but my two main solid chunks of reading were at the start and end of my day.

PAGES READ | 145
TOTAL HOURS READING (APPROX) | 3 hours 30 minutes
BOOKS COMPLETED | 0

I've been enjoying my reading so far, and whilst I definitely want to get as much reading done as possible during the readathon, I do want to keep it fun and not feel like a chore. I could have read for more than three and half hours, but after sharing this post I'm choosing to watch an episode of Gilmore Girls, not continue reading when perhaps I should. I definitely think there is such a thing as over reading.

So far I'm enjoying the book I have chosen to start Bout of Books with, and feel confident that I will likely have completed it by the end of day tomorrow. It isn't my favourite Lisa Genova book, but as with all her other titles, it's proving to be a gripping read!

I hope the first day of Bout of Books has been successful for you!
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Great job for day one! That's a perfect amount of reading, so as not to get burnt out too quickly. I'm glad you're enjoying the book. Happy reading today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brandie. I hope Bout of Books is going well for you, and that you're enjoying all your reading!

      :-)

      Delete
  2. Inside the O'Briens is good because it is a Lisa Genova BUT as you said not her best, it has been my least favourite so far but I'm glad I read it.

    Gilmore Girls sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I warmed to the story as I read with Inside the O'Briens... I'm hoping to do a review in the next coming days. We'll see if I can fit it in with all this readathon reading. Haha!

      Delete

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig