Monday, 31 October 2016

BLOG TALK | 100 Book Blog Post Ideas


This post marks my completion of blogtober- I have blogged every single day in October! On Monday's I usually share the book I'm currently reading, but I wanted to end October on something a bit more special than that.

Blogging in general isn't the easiest thing - it takes time, commitment and creativity. Book blogging can be a little harder as you need to be reading your books alongside sharing content, and any book blogger will tell you how time consuming both of those hobbies can be... Time consuming, but heaps of fun!

Compiling a post calendar for the month of October really got me thinking about all the different kinds of posts you can share as a book blogger, and that concluded in this list of 100 book blog post ideas!

I hope this list proves to be of use to others within the book blogging community, and feel free to add to the list by sharing some other post ideas in the comments.

GENERAL
1. Currently reading 2. Review of recent read 3. Book haul 4. Author spotlight 5. Character case study 6. Book cover love 7. Beautiful book spines 8. Naked books - hardbacks without dustjacket 9. Colouring book pages 10. Literary eats - foods based off of reads or that could accompany a book 11. TBR 12. Monthly reading wrap up 13. New releases - what is coming out, what you're personally anticipating 14. Bookish buys - book related items that aren't books, cups, tees etc 15. Reading goals - monthly, yearly 16. Take part in a readathon 17. FAQ's 18. Reflecting on your time blogging so far 19. Start a tag, bookish event, book club 20. A list of book blog post ideas

FAVOURITES
21. Favourite bookstores 22. All time favourite books 23. Top favourite authors 24. Favourite book to movie adaptations 25. Favourite book bloggers 26. Favourite book vloggers 27. Favourite bookish Instagrams 28. Favourite book quotes 29. Favourite book genres 30. Favourite literary locations/worlds 31. Favourite childhood books 32. Favourite series 33. Favourite bookish photo props 34. Favourite books to recommend 35. Favourite auto buy authors 36. Favourite seasonal reads 37. Favourite book couples 38.  Favourite book parents 39. Favourite books to reread 40. Favourite book illustrators 41. Favourite underhyped books 42. Favourite bookmarks 43. Favourite book blog community events / memes 44. Favourite character names 45. Favourite new to me authors

DISCUSSIONS
46. What I look for in a books 47. How I became a bookworm 48. How I read 49. How I build my book collection 50. Why I reread / don't reread 51. Character traits I dislike 52. How I read audiobooks 53. Bookish pet peeves 54. Why I prefer physical / ebook / audiobook 55. Why I book blog 56. Elements I enjoy within a given genre 57. How I organise my bookshelves 58. How I acquire books 59. What makes me add a book to my wishlist/TBR 60. Judging books by the cover - do you or don't you 61. Why I do / don't lend out my books 62. What makes me DNF a book 63. What I look for in a book blog 64. Share an author interaction or event 65. How I rate and review books 66. Thoughts on signed books 67. Bookish stereotypes I dislike 68. What I want to see more of in books 69. How I stay organised with blogging 70. How I overcome a reading slump 71. Why I do / don't preorder books 72. Why I do / don't write in my books 73. How I use Goodreads 74. Why I'll never read - insert author, book title, book genre 75. My bookish confessions

LINKYS / MEMES

CONNECT WITH ME | | GOODREADS | TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN' |
SHARE:

24 comments

  1. Great ideas and great list of memes! I'm saving this for post planning in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for a post! I might have to check out some of the daily events. I haven't heard of some of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I hope you find some new to you events to take part in!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the shout out on the TBR Thursday meme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool of you to share!!! I think as a blogger, I can never get enough inspiration because sometimes it's HARD to think of things to talk about.... I mean, what hasn't been talked about already. And, what in five years of blogging have I not talked about yet?? I'm definitely saving this post for a day when my ideas are all BLAH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I totally get that feeling! Thanks for stopping by :-)

      Delete
  5. I love this list! You've definitely given me some ideas. :) And congrats on finishing blogtober!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will need to bookmark this for when I am feeling stumped! Great ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post Jade. Sometimes inspiration just ups and flies out the window, so this will be a handy list to refer back to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely adore your list! Gave me such great ideas! Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great resource for all those days when I'm staring at a blank post, wondering what to write about. Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're all there at some point or other. Hope this provides some inspiration :-)

      Delete
  10. Such wonderful ideas! These are all really helpful. Thank you for sharing.

    Emma - UK Book, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig