Saturday, 1 October 2016

BLOG TALK | Blogging Every Day In October


September was a really great reading month for me - not only did I get to revisit some great children's books, but I was able to immerse myself in the captivating writing of Roald Dahl; my favourite childhood author. I loved reading Roald Dahl all September long, however I let my blog content fall to the side a little and focus entirely on the reading. I suspected this would be the case when September began, but I really missed blogging here and connecting with my regular readers.

Enter: blogging every day in October.

I've seen a number of bloggers and also vloggers undertake the challenge of sharing content daily for a month long period, and have always given thought to doing so myself. Having felt a little disconnected from my blog and the community for a good few weeks, I thought October would be a great time in which to challenge myself with blogging every day.

I want to know what you're reading, I want to share some of the post ideas that I've had jotted down in my notebook for a while, I want to chat all these bookish, and feel a part of my little community here again on Reading With Jade.

October will see me linking up to some of my favourite linky posts, review recent reads, have a discussion or two, share snippets of my bullet journal, and so much more... Well, that's the plan at least!

I don't know if this post is technically 'cheating' as the first day's post, but I didn't want to just bombard my readers with content - I wanted to explain what is happening.

A good number of the bloggers I follow are daily sharers on a regular basis, and I have such admiration for the people who do so. If you are a daily blogger, or even if you don't share daily but A LOT, I'd happily welcome tips on how you do so!

HERE'S TO BLOGGING EVERY DAY IN OCTOBER!

CONNECT WITH ME | | GOODREADS | TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN' |
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Good luck! I have been lucky to blow once or twice a week lately. I want to blog more, but life has been crazy. I'm hoping to just be able to read more this month. I love reading suspense in October. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be hard fitting in blogging around life as well, especially during particularly crazy periods. Prep is going to be key in me completing this challenge!

      I hope you're able to get a bunch of reading done in October. Autumn is such a great time to get stuck in to books. I also love darker / more suspenseful reads this time of year.

      Delete
  2. Good luck! I blogged more in September than I normally do, so that was my goal. I will see how October goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yay for blogging more in September! I hope you have a great October!

      Delete
  3. Good luck with blogging every day! I would love to do that, but I don’t think I could come up with that much content. I’m looking forward to your posts.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, AJ :-) Creating content has involved a lot of thinking... Although I have had a few post ideas noted down for a while so it'll be good to finally draft and share those. You blog pretty regularly as it is!

      Delete
  4. Good luck! This post is totally not cheating! Every day is a big commitment. I am looking forward to your posts, but for myself I think I'd be super happy if I could manage once a week again! haha Maybe now that summer is over I'll be able to make some more time for blogging again because I know what you mean when you say you miss the community and connecting with regular readers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - tackling blogging with a child can be pretty tough, never mind the rest of the things that come with daily life. I hope you're able to find some time for blogging, no pressure, but your posts are missed!!

      Thanks, Christine. I'm super excited for this month!

      Delete
  5. Good for you! I'm excited to see what you have to share, especially about your bullet journal. I'm not sure I'm brave enough to share mine yet, but I love seeing what others are doing with theirs. Have fun and blog away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Julie, I'd LOVE to get a peek at your bullet journal method - if you don't think it's ready to share, I'm even more interested because every other one I see out there is too fancy for me and its scaring me off! Lol

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Julie!

      I'm with Christine on seeing your bullet journal! Trust mine, as you'll see, mine is nothing fancy! I'll be keeping my eye out for when you are ready to share though :-)

      Delete

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig