Tuesday, 4 October 2016

TUESDAY INTROS | My Grandmother Sends Her Regards & Apologises

I'm reviving my participation in the First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros linky hosted by Bibliophile by the Sea. I used to take part in this particular linky earlier on in the year, but then things got busy and my participation fizzled; but I'm back at it! The premise behind Tuesday Intros is to share the first paragraph or so of the book you're reading. I love the premise behind this linky as it's great for book recs, but you also get a feel for an author's writing style.


FIRST LINES
Every seven-year-old deserves a superhero. That's just how it is.
Anyone who doesn't agree needs their head examined.
That's what Elsa's granny says, at least.

WOULD YOU CONTINUE READING?
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. I’m excited to read this book. It sounds really quirky.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Ove book, so I bought this one (with a slightly different title), and hope to read it soon. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read A Man Called Ove, however it is on my wishlist. I knew this was his second novel, but for some reason decided to start there! I think this premise intrigued me more.

      Yes - in the US it is titled, My Grandmother Asked Me To Tell You She's Sorry. I don't always understand title changes!

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed this one and hope you do too! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds lovely! I have never heard of this, but your Tuesday intro absolutely intrigues me and I will have to look this one up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far it's making for quite a unique read :-)

      Delete
  5. I totally agree with else's nana!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the attitude right of the bat. It sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun read, but with some deeper elements. I haven't read a book with this sort of writing style for quite some time now!

      Delete
  7. I read this (US edition) and really enjoyed it. Hope u do as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm curious about this one. I would keep reading. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beginning is the kind of one where you want to know more. Thanks!

      Delete
  9. I love the sound of this! It seems so fun and straightforward. I would definitely keep reading. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig