Tuesday, 11 October 2016

TUESDAY INTROS | Roseanna

I'm reviving my participation in the First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros linky hosted by Bibliophile by the Sea. I used to take part in this particular linky earlier on in the year, but then things got busy and my participation fizzled; but I'm back at it! The premise behind Tuesday Intros is to share the first paragraph or so of the book you're reading. I love the premise behind this linky as it's great for book recs, but you also get a feel for an author's writing style.


FIRST LINES
They found the corpse on the eighth of July just after three o'clock in the afternoon. It was fairly well intact and couldn't have been lying in the water very long.
Actually, it was mere chance that they found the body at all. And finding it so quickly should have aided the police investigation.

WOULD YOU CONTINUE READING?
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. This looks like it could be a good, gritty mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While the cover draws me to this book and I do like crime and mystery, the intro doesn't really grab me, but I think I'd like it if I continued on.

    https://girlof1000wonders.wordpress.com/2016/10/11/first-chapter-first-paragraph-tuesday-intros-countryside/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have piqued my curiosity with this one! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My attention was captured with the intro you shared. I would definitely keep reading. I seem to be in a mystery mood as of late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good mystery - this is the perfect time of year for them.

      Delete
  5. Yes this sounds gripping after such a short excerpt I have so many questions so I want to turn those pages!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also found myself with many questions!

      Delete
  6. That's a good start. I'd like to keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a good book. I would keep reading. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Mysteries and darker themes make for great reading this time of year.

      Delete

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig