Wednesday, 19 October 2016

WWW WEDNESDAY | 003


WWW Wednesday is a linky hosted by Sam over at Taking On A World of Words with the idea being that you share a little bit about your current reads, recent reads, and also what you hope to read next.  I do take part in 'It's Monday' and so I do share my current reads in that way, but I like the idea of having an update too, as a way of looking back on my thoughts from a given week to see if they shifted etc.

WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY READING?
This week I'm reading Black Eyed Susans by Julia Heaberlin - this is a title that has been on my wishlist for a while and I'm glad to get stuck in to this suspense novel.

WHAT DID YOU RECENTLY FINISH READING?
I've finished a couple of titles this past week, and DNF'ed the book I was hesitant about: My Grandmother Sends Her Regards & Apologises.

The two titles I finished reading were Roseanna and also Slade HouseRoseanna made for interesting reading, and I hadn't read a police detective novel in a while so made a change for me - I would continue with the series. Slade House was a really quick read for me; I finished it in just over 24 hours. I'm hoping to a do a review of this title before the end of blogtober. I'd recommend picking it up as a quick Halloween read though, and see myself revisiting it in future years.

WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'LL READ NEXT?
I'm not too sure what book I'll be picking up next, but I'm taking part in Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon this coming Saturday, and need to get started on putting a TBR together.

WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN READING RECENTLY?


SHARE:

15 comments

  1. I am so excited for Dewey's!! It's going to be fun. I think I'm taking Sunnie to the library tonight so she can pick out a TBR stack of her own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too - I wasn't going to take part initially, what with blogtober, but then I just signed up on impulse and here we are. Haha! Ah, that's such a good idea getting Sunnie involved - I love that!

      Delete
  2. I am really intrigued by Black Eyed Susans so am interested to see what you think of it!
    Here's my WWW Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, it's proving to be quite the read!

      Delete
  3. Hope you read some great stuff for the readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the readathon...and I'm glad you are enjoying Black Eyed Susans. I loved it! Thanks for sharing, and here's MY WWW POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I'm really looking forward to the readathon. I'm hoping to get Black Eyed Susans finished before Saturday arrives so it'll be fresh reads for the readathon.

      Delete
  5. Ooh every one of these titles is new to me - I love when that happens! Making notes...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you enjoyed Slade House! It is an awesome Halloween read. A reading friend told me his other title, Bone Clocks, is in the same universe and is quite a bit longer if you want to enjoy that one as well. Happy reading and thanks for participating in WWW Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Upon finishing, I noticed that regarding Bone Clocks after seeing Goodreads reviews. I was intrigued by Bone Clocks previously, and that knowledge now gives me all the more reason to pick it up at some point!

      Delete
  7. Looks like you had a good reading week. happy reading!
    Here is my WWW: http://shoshireads.weebly.com/home/www-wednesday9603245

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved Black Eyed Susans!! Hope you do too and good luck with the readathon!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig