Wednesday, 26 October 2016

WWW WEDNESDAY | 004


WWW Wednesday is a linky hosted by Sam over at Taking On A World of Words with the idea being that you share a little bit about your current reads, recent reads, and also what you hope to read next.  I do take part in 'It's Monday' and so I do share my current reads in that way, but I like the idea of having an update too, as a way of looking back on my thoughts from a given week to see if they shifted etc.

WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY READING?
This week I'm reading The Loney by Andrew Michael Hurley - a title that I featured on my autumn TBR. It seems to be one of those books that are read at a slower pace, however I'm sure I'll have it finished by the end of the week.

WHAT DID YOU RECENTLY FINISH READING?
Last week I finished reading Black Eyed Susans by Julia Heaberlin and also completed two books during the 24 hour readathon - if you would like to read more about my readathon experience I have a master post here. I completed The Wonder by Emma Donoghue and The Enchanted Wood by Enid Blyton during the readathon; vastly different in content, but both books I'd recommend reading if you haven't already.

WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'LL READ NEXT?
It's likely that I'll be returning to my autumn TBR for me next read, although I do have a couple of ebooks I could pick up. We shall see what grabs me in the moment.

WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN READING RECENTLY?
SHARE:

20 comments

  1. I've been wanting to try Enid Blyton. She's one of those authors I've just somehow missed. Black Eyed Susans looks really good too. Enjoy your reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same - I have no idea how I never read any of her books as a kid! I was thoroughly captivated by The Enchanted Wood.

      Thanks! Happy reading!

      Delete
  2. I am hoping to get to The Wonder in November. Hopefully I enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! I'm going to be sharing a few of my thoughts on The Wonder later on this week.

      Delete
  3. I hope you enjoy The Lonely...I'm intrigued by it! So glad you liked Black-Eyed Susans!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Black Eyed Susans...and The Wonder is on my list. I have ROOM on Pippa, my Kindle, but haven't yet read it. I saw the movie, so I'm sure I'll love it.

    Thanks for sharing...and here's MY WWW POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd only read Room by Emma Donoghue before picking up The Wonder - she has the ability to write vastly different fiction. I enjoyed both, although Room a little bit more than The Wonder as it was a slow starter for me. I have yet to see the film adaptation of Room yet.

      Happy reading!

      Delete
  5. How did you like The Wonder? I read one of Donoghue's other books and really enjoyed it. Happy reading and thanks for participating in WWW Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've a review of The Wonder coming up at the end of the week. I did quite enjoy it though, despite a slow start, and feel like the story is well worth reading. I'd only read Room previously by Emma Donoghue, and despite the premise being vastly different, I would reread both of those titles.

      Happy reading!

      Delete
  6. I also completely skipped Enid Blyton during my childhood. I should really try to remedy that! I also need to read some Emma Donoghue. Enjoy your next reads! :)

    Here's my WWW post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea how I skipped her books - but I'm definitely making up for it now! Happy reading!

      Delete
  7. I saw some reviews for Black Eyed Susans that were quote positive so I've been curious about it. And it seems like a perfect October read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Black Eyed Susans is one of those stories I'd heard a lot about prior to reading, and so wasn't sure how well I'd enjoy it, but it is such a good read! I'd highly recommend it!

      Delete
  8. Ooh, what'd you think of Black-Eyed Susans? I recently picked that up from a thrift store since it looked pretty good and was only $2. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Black Eyed Susans! I actually have a review going up tomorrow with my full thoughts. You snagged it for a bargain - I hope you enjoy!

      Delete
  9. I have The Enchanted Wood on my TBR and I'm really excited to read it after this week! It sounds really fun and it helps that you loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Enchanted Wood is such a great read - really envelopes you, y'know. I hope you enjoy :-)

      Delete
  10. I was an enormous fan of The Enchanted Wood so I'm not surprised your readathon went so well! Happy reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see why - I'm keen to read the other books within the series!

      Delete

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig