Tuesday, 20 December 2016

BLOG TALK | A New Look For Reading With Jade


I've been talking about wanting to smarten up the look of 'Reading With Jade' for quite some time now, and I've finally gone and done just that!

Whilst I love and admire the beautiful illustrated designs on other blogs, bookish and otherwise, I knew with my design change I still wanted to keep things pretty minimal around here. I like having a monochrome design, and keeping the general look of my blog pretty 'basic'... Honestly one of those reasons is largely because too much fuss is a bit rough on my eyes as I have sensitivity to certain colours and lights etc.

Being very non technical, I decided to look about for a company in which to purchase a Blogger template from... The one name that kept popping up was Pipdig - the company offers templates for both Blogger and Wordpress, and all of them are super reasonably priced. After talking to a fellow blogging friend, who also used Pipdig for a new blog design, I purchased a template and as they say... The rest is history. I opted to have my template installed for me for free, as I literally know nothing about the technical side of blogging, and within 48 hours I had my new swanky blog design.

I know the basic monochrome look isn't for everyone - but feel free to share your thoughts on the new look in the comments.

This was just a little post to acknowledge the change. There will be no new content up here until after Christmas now, so I wish you all a wonderful Christmas! I will be back on the 27th with my favourite reads of 2016 - I'm so excited to read these posts from other bloggers also!!
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Love it! Simple and elegant. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christine! I hope your family has a lovely Christmas too!

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas! I love minimalistic blogs. I sometimes go cross-eyed while trying to read colorful ones.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I definitely get that feeling! Merry Christmas to you also :-)

      Delete
  3. I love it! I need to look into getting a new template. I'm so cheap and have a hard time spending the money on one.

    Your new site looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brandie!

      I was really reluctant to spend the money on a template also, but I decided to just treat myself for Christmas :-P I really wanted the update, and don't know much about HTML to trust myself to do it, and so ultimately it just made sense to purchase one.

      Delete
  4. I love it! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! A little late in replying, but I hope you had a lovely Christmas!

      Delete

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig