Tuesday, 17 January 2017

TUESDAY INTROS | Small Great Things

I'm currently in the middle of two books at the moment, but today I thought I'd share the intro of my main read - Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult. I know a lot of people within the book blogging community have already read this title, and found it to be a powerful read. I'm currently just about half way through the book and so far, I definitely see why so much hype surrounded this title when it was released late last year.


FIRST LINES
RUTH
The miracle happened on West 74th Street, in the home where Mama worked. It was a big brownstone encircled by a wrought-iron fence, and overlooking either side of the ornate door were gargoyles, their granite faces carved from my nightmares. They terrified me, so I didn't mind the fact that we always entered through the less-impressive side door, whose keys Mama kept on a ribbon in her purse.

WOULD YOU CONTINUE READING?
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. I like that first paragraph! Haven't read Picoult in forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Picoult knows how to grab you with words.

      Delete
  2. I already own this book and will get to it at some point this spring. I know that many have felt it was quite powerful in the storyline. Picoult certainly has a way of telling a story, doesn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  3. have been reading about this book for so long now;; and i do need to read Picoult (always mean to pick her book and read but keep missing)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There has been a lot of buzz surrounding this title!

      Delete
  4. I loved this one, and I remember really enjoying the descriptions of that house. It felt so imposing! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely get the imposing feel! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I would. Keep on reading, that is. What a great opening — I love the premise and I'm totally intrigued. Here's my link for today: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-1s6

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I read this one and it is a very good opening!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked this one an awful lot; hope u do as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems a lot of people did - I'm liking it so far.

      Delete
  8. This is a book club choice fore April. I will probably start reading it before then as I'm very eager to read it. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This title is popular with the book clubs then - it is also a book club read for me.

      Delete
  9. I love that first paragraph! I'm super curious about just what the miracle is as well. I didn't love the previous Jodi Picoult book I read but I'm thinking I need to give her another chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love Picoult's books, but her most recent ones have been patchy with me. I'd recommend giving her another chance for sure!

      Delete

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig