Monday, 6 March 2017

CURRENTLY READING | 021


Putting it plain and simply, last week happened to be my worst reading week of the year so far - I barely picked up my books at all. There wasn't a particularly stand out reason for this, I wasn't busy or otherwise occupied, my attention wasn't elsewhere, and the books I'm reading are of an enjoyable nature. I just didn't read. This picked up a little over the weekend and I dipped in and out of my February reread, having completely finished it just this morning.

I have missed reading. I'm hoping to pull it back this week.

I'm starting the week with a fresh read, opting for a go to genre, in the hopes that I'm pulled into the story and ultimately back into reading.

The Passenger by Lisa Lutz is a library borrow for me, but a book I've been keen to read. I love the fast paced nature of thrillers, especially when in a reading slump of sorts, so I'm hoping this is a good one. I'm also hoping to pick up another of my library borrows this week (can you tell my lending deadline is coming up?): Public Library and Other Stories by Ali Smith. I've been wanting to try out Ali Smith's writing for a while now, and a short story collection is always a good way to get a feel for the writing style of a new author.

I'm also reading a non fiction title about books - The Secret Library by Oliver Tearle - which is proving to be a really insightful read.
SHARE:

22 comments

  1. I hope you like The PAssenger, I read that one last year. I agree thrillers can be so fun with their fast pace. And the suspense is great too. :)

    Happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love a page turning read. I hope you have a great week, reading and otherwise!

      Delete
  2. I hope you like The Passenger. Enjoy reading this week!

    My It's Monday! What Are You Reading? post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes that happens! Hope you get back on the horse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had that feeling over the weekend. Couldn't read any one of my books. Now, I'm back in Bliss Land. Have a fun week reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes we just need that break. I hope you have a lovely week, reading and otherwise!

      Delete
  5. Sometimes we need breaks...even from reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been struggling with my reading all year so far and I am not even sure why. I keep hoping to reconnect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. February wasn't the best reading month for me as a whole; I'm hoping to bring it back now we're in a new month. Good luck with reconnecting with your books - it can be frustrating when we aren't able to enjoy one of our favourite hobbies.

      Delete
  7. I hope you like it! I go through phases where I don’t feel like reading, either.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved The Passenger! Hope you enjoy it, too, and come out of your slump. Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Public Libraries sounds like a fantastic book! I will have to add it to my list for sure.

    I hope you find your reading mojo this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooooo......I liked The Passenger. I hope you are enjoying it.

    I hope this week is a better reading week for you.

    ENJOY!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard some positive things surrounding The Passenger, so I'm hoping it pulls me back in this week. Have a great week, and happy reading!

      Delete
  11. Both books look good. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig